At the centre of Capricorn Power’s offering is the Barton Engine, which is a game-changing advance in heat engines.
Demonstration unit Q2 2020
- over 30% design efficiency, up to 3 times Organic Rankine Cycle at design temperature of 450°C
- closed-loop flowsheet using air as the working fluid
- modest temperatures and pressures (20 bar)
- mature, standard components (almost all off-the-shelf)
- air-cooled, can provide heat (i.e. Combined Heat and Power) up to 80°C
- manufactured, delivered and operated in a 20’ (6m) container
- no emissions and no water usage.
20’ (6m) container
- 75 kWe peak
- 150 kWe peak
40’ (12m) container
- 225 kWe peak
- 300 kWe peak